Sunday, March 13, 2011

Night Life

its six in the morning when i lay my head on my pillow and close my eyes* at a time near when most people are waking up I am finally going to bed * but this is not something uncommon in my life * it is normal * night is my canvas * a time and a place where a masterpiece is created * the art moves from shadow to shadow across the room * the sequence to the rythmn of the sounds of twilight * visualizations reflect every decision * every action * every spoken word and interaction * every mistake * every success recalled from the days activities * as i look at the portrait of the life i have painted for myself and that others have painted for me * i critique * i examine * i passionately become intimate with * and i dreadfully hate * as i go over every detail of the masterpiece in the shadows* while the twilight * through the night *


No comments: