Thursday, October 25, 2007

Common Unity = Community

a lady told me the other day about how much she had stuggled over the years with so many different issues* one of the issues she disscussed was that of "not being able to financially get ahead in life." She said, "every time i get a little money (i.e. a pay raise at the job, income tax return, etc.) something comes up and that money quickly goes out the door" *

i used to ask myself why sometimes we go through what we go through in life?* why do bad things happen to us?* why does it seem like we go through so many struggles?* is it all meaningless or can something actually come out of it*

i pondered this lady's concern and i remembered a time when that stuggle seemed so real to me* "how will i pay my bills this month?" why can't i make enough to invest or set up a savings account?" -- these were questions that used to consume my every waking moment...

but one day while taking my focus off my needs and instead investing that time into focusing on something greater than myself and reaching out to serve someone else's need, that soon became less of a concern and i was content with the fact that by believing the provision would be there*
sharing this experience with her -- although not so profound -- she likewise became content upon hearing the encouraging guidance of "look for God's ways first and while you do, all that you need will be given to you."* it's the thought that there is something greater than we that when going after it, it will provide for us.
understanding where she was, because of where i had been -- i was able to develop a common unity (community) with this lady, in which a relationship was built* maybe that's why i myself went through my stuggles so that in overcoming i could build a testimony that would develop a relationship and thus bring purpose to my own journey and life*

*so today's living may just become tomorrow's foundation in which you might develop a stronger community with those you come in contact*

No comments: